Semmes Motor Company service wagon - 1922
1922 Dodge service vehicle owned by the Semmes Motor Company parked on the 1500 block of E Street, NW in Washington, D.C. The White House is in the background. Semmes Motor Co. was formed in 1919 by brothers Raphael and Charles Semmes when the Congressional Garage Co., Semmes-Kneessi Co., and Semmes Motor Line merged. The new company primarily sold vehicles manufactured by Dodge, but also offered vehicles made by Hudson, Wilcox, and Vim. Its showroom was located at 1132 Connecticut Avenue, NW (demolished; current site of the 12-story office building 1130 Connecticut Avenue) and the garage was located at 613 G Street, NW (demolished; current site of the Verizon Center).