#Pic_A_Day (1643) @AlMachFineArt
1921 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost Phaeton
The first Rolls-Royce, introduced in 1906, was called the 40/50; the first 40/50 to bear the name Silver Ghost was actually the 12th chassis built. It featured an aluminum body by Barker with German silver-plated exterior fittings and a silver-plated brass badge bearing the name Silver Ghost. The name stuck. Rolls-Royce unabashedly claimed “The Best Car in the World” as it’s mantra and 7,874 Silver Ghosts were built until production ceased in 1925.
Chassis 39AG was the 28th built in the Rolls-Royce Springfield Massachusetts, facility. It was subsequently delivered to Brunn & Co., of Buffalo, New York, for a sleek phaeton body per the specs of it’s first owner, J. C. McKinney, also of Buffalo. McKinney a local industrialist who had interest in Rockefeller oil, took delivery of the car in the summer of 1922. The auto was later sent back to Rolls-Royce for updates including a switch to left hand drive, tubular bumpers, wheels, grill vanes, and fared-in tool boxes: among other improvements.
This was seen at the Elegance at Hershey 2018
Don’t miss the Elegance at Hershey 2019 on June 7-9 at the fabulous Hotel Hershey!