Pic-A-Day (391) Albert Mach Fine Art
John F. and Horace E. Dodge, sons of a Nlles Michigan machinist, moved to Detroit at the turn of the century, briefly produced transmissions for Ransom E. Olds, and beginning in 1903, became the major suppliers of drive trains to the Ford Motor Company. They built the first Dodge in November 1914 and the new car was an instant success. When the Dodge brothers died in 1920, they employed 22,000 workers and produced 140,000 automobiles per year. Dodge Brothers Company remained an independent firm until 1928, when it became a major division of the fledging Chrysler Corporation.
The above information is from: http://www.dodgemotorcar.com/